Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nothing like a cup-a-tea


I don't seem to be the only one who spotted this article on tea from the BBC.

I don't remember tea ever being particularly bad for you, it just fell out of vogue, what with the rise of soft drinks and now coffee. But even so better than water?
"Tea replaces fluids and contains antioxidants so its got two things going for it" Dr Ruxton
Surely this is a vindication to every avid tea drinker. The thing I can't get my head round is I thought tea was a diuretic. But apparently that's a misconception, only very highly caffeinated drinks are dehydrating.


I just wish they could prove coffee was as good for you!

Oh and then I read the bottom of the article:
The Tea Council provided funding for the work. Dr Ruxton stressed that the work was independent



5 Thoughts?:

Anonymous Marcus Brown said...

I am starved of tea. The tea you get in Germany in a poor substitute for a nice cup of PG.

Litpons have been running TV spots over here (Germany) for a while now, and it's all abou the healthy nature etc. Are they running them where you are?

11:42 am  
Blogger Will Anderson said...

Not seen them in the UK, but I suppose that's becuase they're competing with the big boys like PG Tips and Tetley!

If I was working on one of these tea brands, I'd definately develop a better than water strategy. I expect you could cause a real stir if you did it right.

12:07 pm  
Anonymous Marcus Brown said...

Yes, I think you could do some lovely stuff with "better than water".

1. london marathon drink station. Nice teaming hot tea served in mum's best china.

2. Tennis match.
Tea between sets.

I like the fact that tea is son civilised. Coffee is all rush and hurry, it's dynamic. I wouldn't want to make tea cool. I like the stately pace of it. So having tea pots in a sports environment tickles me.

Thought's

12:16 pm  
Blogger Will Anderson said...

Ha ha, that would genuinely be funny. Great PR.

Yes it would have to be done with a sense of irony. Especially since it's tea.

12:54 pm  
Anonymous MarcusBrown said...

Will,

(let's see if I can do a post without any spelling mistakes).

We've got builders in our flat. So weve moved in next door (our friend is in the states for a week and is letting us stay while our bathroom is being re-done).

Discovered that she has a big box of lovely PG tips!

I am (at least for the next 7 days) a man with tea.

8:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home