Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What sort of planner are you?

This is a question I've been asked several times in recent weeks and it's one that always puzzled me. When I first came to Mustoes, Nick (Mustoe) asked me that question and to be frank I didn't know what to say. It's one of those questions that you are damned by what you don't say as much as what you do say. In the end I muddled through with some sort of response along the lines of creative planning.

Do I know what sort of planner I am now, two years on? I'm still not really sure, but think maybe I've found something that helps at personaldna. It's basically a personality test, but for once produces a pretty accurate description of who you are. On the whole I agree, so now when someone asks I'm going to describe myself as a 'benevolent creator' planner.



It would be interesting to see what other planners come out as. Iain Tait, for example is an advocating creator, so who are you?

6 Thoughts?:

Anonymous John Grant said...

I am a benevolent inventor apparently :J

5:39 pm  
Blogger Will Anderson said...

I'd say that you are, in fact you pretty much said that in a summary of ideas that you keep coming back to. Could this be the first accurate online personality test? Or is it more like reading your future in the stars, you agree with the bits that you like?!

11:18 am  
Anonymous Picklin Paul said...

I'm a benevolent artist. I didn't feel I was that artistic until I read the accompanying blurb which said as much...

Still it's all wonderfully positive and makes you feel great. I remember marketing used to run (still runs?) a column where they analysed the handwriting of agency people. It always turned out that they were energetic, dynamic creative types. Nobody was ever outed as a sexist bully or lying chancer. Shame, it would have been much more interesting.

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Lee McEwan said...

Seems like I'm a Benevolent Creator too.

P.S. the sad geek in me loved the way they got people to fill out their own 2x2 matrices - very useful for resolving trade-offs

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Jason Chebib said...

I appear to be an advocating artist. Make sense?
J

1:32 pm  
Blogger Will Anderson said...

You know there does seem to be a theme for planners, and that is their ability to create.

Of the planners who have submitted results, we have some form of artist, creator or inventor. In all cases they are about creating things from within.

I wonder if this wouldn't be a great test to see if you have what it takes to be a planner, or better still, someone who should work in the creative industry.

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home